Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where book enthusiasts can show off their newest additions to their collection!
NOTE: May is not a good time to instigate a book-ban, because there are way too many exciting things in the making!
There were WAAAAYYY too many books accumulated this week (Sunday 22nd May – Saturday 28th May) – I’m too afraid to count them! But they all look fantastic, and they’ll keep me very busy over my winter break!
- Front Lines – Michael Grant
I was going to the fantasy panel at TeenCon, and needed to have at least started one of his books! I do not regret this purchase AT ALL! This book was phenomenal, and I am so glad I was coerced into buying it!
- O frabjous day! – Lewis Carroll
- Lot No. 249 – Arthur Conan Doyle
- My life had stood a loaded gun – Emily Dickinson
- Anecdotes of the Cynics – Anon
- The Suffragettes – Various
- Only Dull People Are Brilliant at Breakfast – Oscar Wilde
- A Nervous Breakdown – Anton Chekhov
- Love that moves the sun and other stars – Dante
- Is this a dagger which I see before me? – William Shakespeare
- Daphnis and Chloe – Longus
More little black classics! I have been reading ones I purchased previously and they are just so brilliant! I’m surprised at how much I’m enjoying the poetry!
- The Girl from Everywhere – Heidi Heilig
This book is about time travel, and it has honestly trumped all other time travel books I’ve read, including Passenger. The characters can only travel to a particular time and place if they have a map of that time and place. It’s such a FASCINATING idea, and I loved every moment!
- When My Heart Was Wicked – Tricia Stirling
It’s pretty old now, but I absolutely love this cover, and the story sounds highly intriguing!
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff
I borrowed the ARC from a colleague, and then Harper sent me one! Yay! (My version is prettier!)
- Remade – Alex Scarrow
- Wolf Hollow – Lauren Wolk
- Yong: The Journey of an Unworthy Son – Janeen Brian
- Girl Out of Water – Nat Luurtsema
- We Are All Made of Molecules – Susan Nielsen
- The Moonlight Dreamers – Siobhan Curham
- Breathing Under Water – Sophie Hardcastle
All of these ones are from work! It’s been a very busy few weeks, and I only hope I can keep up with all of the books sliding across my desk! I’m excited about them all!
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff
- The Malice – Peter Newman
HarperCollins were wonderful and sent me these two books which I have been absolutely coveting! Don’t their covers look awesome (in the image above)? I loved Peter Newman’s The Vagrant and this is the sequel – I’m interested to see where it goes, as the first one could have been a standalone!
- Zeroes – Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan & Deborah Biancotti (x4)
- The Bone Season – Samantha Shannon (x3)
- Demon Road – Derek Landy (x2)
- Raelia – Lynette Noni (x2)
- Threader – Rebekah Turner (x2)
- The Ghostfaces – John Flanagan
- The Other Side of Summer – Emily Gale
- The Next Together – Lauren James
- Inbetween Days – Vikki Wakefield
- The Special Ones – Em Bailey
- Bro – Helen Chebatte
- Penguin Teen Australia Super-Proof 2016
- Caraval – Stephanie Garber
I won my copy of Caraval but the rest of the books came in the TeenCon Swag Bag! I ended up with multiples of certain books, because some people were going to leave them behind and I couldn’t leave them there! Abandoned books hurt my soul!
What books did you add to your shelves this week?