Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where book enthusiasts can show off their newest additions to their collection!
I may have gone a little bit crazy this week (Sunday 12th June – Saturday 19th June) with the buying… But it was exam week and I need happy things! 😛 I now have a full collection of the Little Black Classics, plus I’m getting new bookshelves sometime very soon and therefore I need books to populate it!
- Letters of Note – Shaun Usher
I have wanted this beautiful big coffee table book for AGES! And I finally took the plunge – it’s amazing. One of the few fascinating letters is from Adolf Hitler’s nephew to Franklin Roosevelt, asking to be permitted to join the US Armed Forces.
- Sapiens – Yuval Noah Harari
This book has had amazing reviews, and I have been intending to read more non-fiction. I also just wanted a copy of my own!
- Goodnight Mister Tom – Michelle Magorian
I need to reread this book, and I desperately adored this Puffin Classics edition!
- Ballet Shoes – Noel Streatfeild
Apparently this is a children’s classic and I haven’t read it?! I’m going to fix that immediately, and this book was way too beautiful to pass up – look at the ribbon!!!
- The Art of Reading – Damon Young
I’m always intrigued by books about books and reading. I have read this one already, and while it felt a little pretentious at times, I did enjoy it. It made me think rather deeply about my own habits as a reader.
- The Fireman – Joe Hill
I have read this wonderful book, but didn’t have my own copy! Now I do! And when I went to Supanova, I got a promotional T-shirt!
- The Sandman – E.T.A Hoffman
- Seven Hanged – Leonid Andreyev
- The Lifted Veil – George Eliot
- Flush – Virginia Woolf
- Rip Van Winkle – Washington Irving
- Trivia: or, the Art of Walking the Streets of London – John Gay
- Waterloo – Victor Hugo
- Oroonoko – Aphra Behn
- The Book of Tea – Kakuzo Okakura
- Matilda – Mary Shelley
- White Nights – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Stancliffe’s Hotel – Charlotte Bronte
- The Rule of Benedict – Benedict of Nursia
I have finally collected all of the Little Black Classics – well, until another set is released! Now I just have to hurry up and read them!
- Blaze of Glory – Michael Pryor
I reminded my friend that she had put me onto this series and she insisted on lending me her copy when I said I wanted to reread it! Michael Pryor is MAGICAL! He was my introduction to the steampunk genre, and I devoured the series!
- Southern Ruby – Belinda Alexandra
This actually belongs to last week’s Stacking the Shelves. I received it an industry event from HarperCollins. However, I was way too excited about meeting Jimmy Barnes at the event in question that I neglected to recall I received a book!
What did you add to your shelves this week?