Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where book enthusiasts can show off their newest additions to their collection!
Bad blogger alert! August, like July, has been absolutely insane. I have been neglecting my blog… Poor baby! However, I am back with a MASSIVE Stacking the Shelves for the month of August: remember how I have too many books? It’s a bit like July, only SCARIER! 33 new books – eek! No idea where I’m going to fit in the time to read them all!!!
Note: please forgive my terrible, rushed, blurry Twitter photo… Sadly, most of these precious books have been taken by my sister and I cannot take photos. Thus, social media horrendousness will have to do.
Find any of these books for yourself at Booktopia!
This event, run by Allen&Unwin was AMAZING! I ended up with so many new books. (DISCLAIMER: some of them belong to Sophie, my sister!)
- Frogkisser – Garth Nix (Australian author)
This is an ARC for a story which isn’t coming out until February next year. It was one of the most coveted giveaway items at FanFest. I complimented Garth so many times on his skin (which is amazing, and completely wrinkle-free) – I think he gave me the book so I’d stop creeping! Unfortunately, my sister pinched it off me almost immediately but feedback is so far awesome – I cannot wait to dive into the book myself.
- Swarm – Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan, Deborah Biancotti (Australian authors)
The sequel to the fabulous Zeroes. People at the FanFest event could get their hands on it a little bit early! Can’t wait to get stuck into it – messed-up superheroes is my favourite fiction trope!
- Nevernight – Jay Kristoff (Australian author)
I begged my sister to find me a hardcover US edition of Jay’s new book – the awesome, deadly Nevernight. Sadly, she had no luck. Buuuuutttt, she surprised me on the night by conspiring with the man himself to get me one. So I am now the proud owner of a signed, first edition US hardcover of Nevernight. I actually cried when I got this book – see the accompanying photo.
- These Broken Stars – Amie Kaufman (Australian author) & Meagan Spooner
- This Shattered World – Amie Kaufman (Australian author) & Meagan Spooner
- Their Fractured Light – Amie Kaufman (Australian author) & Meagan Spooner
I never bought Sophie the sequels to These Broken Stars, so she bought them all for herself to have Amie sign!
- These Shallow Graves – Jennifer Donnelly
- Sophie Someone – Hayley Long
- V is for Violet – Alison Rattle
I don’t know much about these books, but I’m really intrigued by Sophie Someone.
- Nothing Tastes as Good – Claire Hennessey
I was sent an ARC of this, but couldn’t fit it into my reading schedule. Hopefully now that I have a pretty finished copy, I can!
- Rebel of the Sands – Alwyn Hamilton
I already have a copy of this book, but my sister wanted one too! We also got a cover reveal for the second book – it’s just as pretty!
- Words in Deep Blue – Cath Crowley (Australian author)
- The Just City – Jo Walton
Really, it hasn’t been TOOOOOOOOO bad on the spending front! Yay!
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne (x2)
- Sunlight and Shadow – Cameron Dokey
- The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter – David Colbert
- Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil – Melina Marchetta (Australian author)
- The Lover’s Dictionary – David Levithan
- Very Good Lives – J K Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban – J K Rowling (Slipcase Edition)
- Heartless – Marissa Meyer
- Three Dark Crowns – Kendare Blake
- Cell 7 – Kerry Drewery
- The Hypnotist – Laurence Anholt
- Skyfire – Michael Adams
- The Graces – Laure Eve
- Our Chemical Hearts – Krystal Sutherland (Australian author)
- Small Things – Meg Tregonning (Australian author)
- Freedom Swimmer – Wai Chim (Australian author)
- The Museum of Modern Love – Heather Rose (Australian author)
- The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu – Joshua Hammer
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet – Becky Chambers
- The Apprentice Witch – James Nicol
- The Hungry Isle – Emily Rodda (Australian author)
- The False Princess – Ellis O’Neal
- Brightly Woven – Alexandra Bracken
What books did you get this week? Were you at YAFanFest?