Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where book enthusiasts can show off their newest additions to their collection!
I definitely went overboard this week…. WAAAAAYYYY too many books. However, I will be implementing a rule that from February onwards, I am not permitted to buy a book unless I read six from my pile, and have checked the library. (Please help me stick to this goal, guys!) As usual, if there’s anything that interests you, get it for yourself at Booktopia!
- The Capsule Wardrobe – Wendy Mak
I have had my eye on this for a little while; my wardrobe is full of clothes I barely wear. I feel so guilty getting rid of anything, but in 2017 I WILL DO IT! And Wendy Mak will help me cultivate a more streamlined wardrobe! Plus, she’s Australian which means I can read it IMMEDIATELY!
- Have You Seen Elephant? – David Barrow
- The Lost Thing – Shaun Tan
- The Incredible Book Eating Boy – Oliver Jeffers
I love kids’ picture books, and my collection needs some love and care. I am pretty obsessed with elephants, hence Have You Seen Elephant? My little sister introduced me to The Lost Thing, which is also a beautiful short film. See the trailer here. And I couldn’t go past this stunning edition of The Incredible Book Eating Boy. It will look gorgeous next to my edition of A Child of Books.
- Radiance – Catherynne M. Valente
This was the book in The Dragon’s Hoard subscription box a few months back. Unfortunately, I had to unsubscribe, but this book looked to excellent to pass up. It’s cover is interesting, but the story looks good. I feel like it might be a sort of fantastical The Life and Death of Sophie Stark.
- The Brain That Changes Itself – Norman Doidge
I love this book, and my copy was never returned by someone I leant it to. I needed to get a new copy, and luckily I found it in the trade paperback size! (Which also means it will match The Brain’s Way of Healing on the shelf when I finally get around to reading it.)
- The Unbound – V. E. Schwab
- Rivers of London: Night Witch -Ben Aaronovitch, Andrew Cartmel, Lee Sullivan, Luis Guerrero
I finished the first books in these series recently and had to have the second ones. Yes, I have a problem…
- Cairo Jim & Doris in Search of Martenarten – Geoffrey McSkimming
- Cairo Jim and the Alabastron of Forgotten Gods – Geoffrey McSkimming
- Cairo Jim and the Quest for the Quetzal Queen – Geoffrey McSkimming
- Cairo Jim Amidst the Petticoats of Artemis – Geoffrey McSkimming
- Cairo Jim and the Tyrannical Bauble of Tiberius – Geoffrey McSkimming
I LOVED Cairo Jim when I was in primary school, and I couldn’t resist purchasing my own copies when I saw them in a secondhand store this week. I’ll remain on the lookout for the rest of the series!
Have you got any series you’re hunting for second-hand?
- Freeks – Amanda Hocking
- Iron Cast – Destiny Soria
- Insomniac City – Bill Hayes
- When in French – Lauren Collins
- Difficult Women – Roxane Gay
- Love at First Flight – Tess Woods
I am so interested in all of these. Only one Australian though, so they definitely have to wait until the end of the month. I may have to cheat given that I am supposed to read Freeks for work before the end of next week….
- The Hating Game – Sally Thorne
A colleague told me that I absolutely had to read this book. AND I LOVED IT! I devoured it in a night and now I want my own copy.
- The Hidden Life of Trees – Peter Wohlleben
I have wanted to read this book for a while; it sounds totally fascinating. Given that I may have to cancel my Audible subscription soon, I wanted to end with one from my wishlist!
What did you add to your shelves this week?