Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where book enthusiasts can show off their newest additions to their collection!
Soooooo, I went completely and utterly overboard this week…. OOPS! 18 new books! Not entirely sure when I am going to find the time to read them all! What are your best reading tips???
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Gryffindor – J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Slytherin – J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Hufflepuff – J. K. Rowling
I may have ordered myself all the paperbacks…. Hehehehe! Unfortunately, my house (Ravenclaw) is the only one that didn’t arrive this week! They’re so pretty, but I am seriously going to need a new bookshelf to fill entirely with Harry Potters.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – J. K. Rowling
ANOTHER edition! I love these slipcase editions. The final two should be in my hands sometime in the very, very near future! *party*
I’m so lucky that there are always books going at work!
- The Shop at Hoopers Bend – Emily Rodda
I have actually been lucky enough to read this one already! Emily Rodda was my favourite author when I was a child – Pigs Might Fly and Best-Kept Secret are absolutely brilliant, and this new book returns to the classic style. IT’S JUST GORGEOUS!
- We’re All Going to Die – Dr. Leah Kaminsky
A joyful book about death. It’s a bit morbid, but I am rather obsessed with death, and read anything I can about it.
- Every Lie I’ve Ever Told – Rosie Waterland
I’m very excited about this book – it ranges from small lies to the big ones. We all lie to ourselves, and I’m interested if this makes me confront any of my own lies.
- Godblind – Anna Stephens
- Dividing Eden – Joelle Charbonneau
I accumulated both of these because of their covers – they’re so nice! And the stories sound pretty incredible too! Now to actually read them!!
- The Goddess Experience – Gisèle Scanlon
I love The Goddess Guide – it’s one of those coffee table books I keep returning to. I actually own a copy of this book, but it doesn’t match my Goddess Guide, and this one does! They’ll look lovely on the shelf together! *YAY*
- A Monster Calls – Patrick Ness
IT IS A SIGNED COPY! This is one of my favourite books of all time – I especially love this illustrated version. I just can’t believe I have a signed copy. Thanks so much to Book Nerd Reviews and Walker Books!
- No Way! Okay, Fine – Brodie Lancaster
- The Woman in the Window – A. J. Finn
- The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart – Holly Ringland
I have only heard incredible things about all three of these so I could not resist adding them to my TBR!
- The Little Book of Big Weightloss – Bernadette Fisers
I was interested to read the tips Fisers puts forward. It’s only a teeny tiny little book so I’ve already peeked through and they’re good, easy to implement tips told in a completely non-judgemental way.
- Real Friends – Shannon Hale and LeUyen Pham
I started work at a bookshop this week (a second job because I missed working in a bookshop so much) and my new colleagues recommended this middle-grade graphic novel! No regrets!
- Rotherweird – Andrew Caldecott
I have wanted this book ever since I saw the cover and I finally relented! I’ve only heard good things, and I’m sure it will appear on my Instagram quite a lot in the next few weeks! 🙂
- The Wicked + the Divine: Vol. 5, Imperial Phase Part 1 – Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, Matthew Wilson & Clayton Cowles
I love this series of graphic novels and I absolutely could not resist when this one came out!!!! Best thing about graphic novels? I can tick them off my TBR fairly quickly! 😛
What did you add to your shelves this week? Are you as insane in your accumulation as I am?